The Neuroscience of Clinical Psychiatry




Description

After extensively searching, I found and read this book last year– and thought it was fabulous. I chose it as our chief textbook for our Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (MSN) program’s course on neuroscience for nurse clinicians and the student feedback this year has been great. The students tell me that they truly enjoy reading the text and a few have said "I couldn’t put it down." What a radical change from the dry and dense (and frankly, over our heads) neuroscience textbook we were using in the past.
I became familiar with this book when I was searching for a text for the clinical neuroscience class I offer each year to graduate students in the Department of Psychology at my university. The book is what I would describe as "deceptively good." The authors haven’t put a lot of pizzazz (sp?) into their writing; this is, after all, an upper level college textbook. However, the presentation of the material is well organized, and there is actually an awfully lot of good, up-to-date information succinctly included here. The latter is especially true if one is also conscientious about examining the figures – which, thankfully, in most instances supplement rather than merely repeat the text. I’m pleased with the selection of this text for my class. It’s too early to tell about my students’ response. But as someone who has taught in this area for quite a while, I know from experience we’ve long needed a book like this to introduce students to the exciting discoveries occurring in the realm of clinical neuroscience.



Responses

0 Respones to "The Neuroscience of Clinical Psychiatry"

Post a Comment

Share

Widgets

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Recent Downloads

Popular Posts

Return to top of page Copyright © 2012 | Medical Theme Converted into Blogger Template by Naz Rul Feez